CHARLESTON, SC DUI LAWYER
When a Fun Night Out Goes Bad
Facing a driving under the influence (DUI) arrest is never easy. No one really intends to break the law when they are arrested for drink driving, often it’s just not realizing how much you had to drink. One of the concerns about a DUI arrest is that the arrest is based on the police officer’s opinion from your performance on the field sobriety test. Typically, you have been placed under arrest for DUI even before being offered a breath test. You’re in handcuffs, put in the back of a patrol car, taken to another location where police are asking you to provide a breath sample. Before you know it, your license is suspended, you are in jail and facing a criminal charge. You need a Charleston DUI lawyer.
Get Your License Back
What’s My First Step?
Call my office at (843) 530-7813 to set up a Free Consultation with a Charleston DUI lawyer. Don’t wait too long after your arrest. Why? Because in most cases your drivers license has been suspended and you are no longer lawfully permitted to drive. You will also have a court date coming up. I can help with your License Suspension but you have to act fast because there’s only 30 days to request an administrative hearing where I can challenge the suspension. If the request is not made within 30 days, you lose that right.
Following your arrest you probably have many questions about what’s next and need answers to these concerns:
- Can I drive?
- I passed the field sobriety test and still got arrested, how can that be?
- How long will I be without my license?
- What is a Temporary alcohol license?
- I refused to blow, will that hurt my case?
- I blew over 0.08 what’s the point in getting a lawyer?
- Will I have a criminal record?
- What are the penalties for a DUI?
- How much is this going to cost?
These are just a few of the questions people have after being arrested for DUI. The sooner you talk to a Charleston DUI Lawyer and get these questions answered, the quicker you can get your life back on track. My name is Dale Savage, I am a Chareston DUI Attorney and can help with your DUI arrest.
What Should I Expect From a DUI Lawyer?
Once you’ve retained our services we start working on the case the minute you’ve left. I have a formulated process specifically designed for DUI that is filed with every case which assures all your DUI defenses and rights are protected. Part of an example of this checklist is below:
- Collect the notice of suspension;
- Collect the implied consent form;
- Collect uniform traffic ticket ;
- File for an administrative hearing plus the $200 filing fee to fight the license suspension;
- Input all court dates;
- Download the breath site video;
- File letter of representation with the court;
- Request all police written reports, photos, any statements given;
- Request the field sobriety test video;
- Review all evidence and challenge the case where police failed to follow their own procedure.